It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
As a Technology Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering large infrastructure and enterprise tool rollout projects. Core responsibilities include:
• Manage large global project teams that range from product managers, IT and QA engineers, as well as business stakeholders
• Rigorous scheduling at the task level, with overall accountability at the program level
• Successfully manage project dependencies and constraints, with emphasis on providing strategic delivery options to mitigate
• Manage budgets – including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding the deviations
• Develop and execute resource plans, communication plans, as well as define and execute risk management plans
• Proactive approach and communicate status to stakeholders effectively, with an emphasis on maintaining alignment with core project sponsors
• Manage changes against project schedule, scope and cost, as well as lead the assessment of impact on the larger portfolio of projects
• Familiarity with SCRUM and SCRUM processes, agile project management including but not limited to facilitating planning sessions, daily standups, and removing escalations for the team.
• Contract and vendor management: build partnerships across organizational, departmental, and geographical boundaries
Key Candidate qualities:
• Strong end to end project management skills, shepherding an entire program (and/or several independent projects) from kick off to completion
• Ability to connect project/status to business needs, tracking quantifiable results
• Comfortable speaking with multiple stakeholders at varying levels, ability to synthesize detailed project tasks to report up high level accomplishments and risks
• Proactive desire to own and drive projects forward through measurable process, planning and team engagement
• Solutions oriented
• Team leadership and ability to inspire and motivate
• Positive team player who seeks the collective success of the team
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Consultancy approach to your work
• Comfortable working in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, or a related field
• 5+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in technical project management
• 2 years additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
• Proven experience developing and managing work back schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks and change requests
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies; Scrum Master or PMP certification is a plus
• Experience working with many cross functional teams & across geographies
• Experience working on global projects or large enterprise tool rollouts is a plus
• Understanding of release management processes
Please send your resume to Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
Apply for Technical Project Manager
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search