It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Monitoring Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented teams, serving as both a expert for internal users, as well as a driving force for performance, best practices, and data integrity within the environment.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining log management solutions and tools
• Design and build resilient, cost-efficient and scalable data pipelines/applications to transform and transport data to various reporting platforms
• Build proactive monitoring solutions to detect failure across various components within pipeline
• Conduct investigations for root cause analysis of problems or issues across data pipelines and platforms
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sources
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
• An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
• An understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services
• Experience with Orchestration tools like Terraform, Cloudformation
• Strong Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) background with troubleshooting and administration skills
• Experience with configuring/maintaining log interfaces/tools such as ryslog and syslog-ng
• Experience implementing/maintaining log management tools like Splunk, ELK, Devo, Sumologic, Microsoft Operations Management Suite, nxlog
• Experience implementing nxlog manager and managing nxlog collectors at scale
• Understanding and experience with configuration management tools and concepts such as puppet, chef, Ansible, SCCM
• Advanced scripting skills to include but not limited to: shell scripts and supporting program languages – python, bash, regular expression, perl
• Experience with logging practices and log transport; data on-boarding; and field extractions
• Understanding of nxlog configurations, modules and integrations with various applications
Send your resume to Kyle Ashby at email@example.com!
Apply for Monitoring Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search