It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Our clients Product Engineering team is looking for an experienced QA Test Engineer, capable of defining and executing test plans at the macro system level for Functional /UI/System testing, API testing, data flow verification, system control & monitoring, as well as manual testing of lower level FW interfaces. The QA Test Engineer will be a key part of a growing Product and Engineering team that is going through some really exciting growth and development. This person will also work with the QA automation team and Firmware test team to define required tests and test tools. All of this will be done within an Agile team environment.
The perfect candidate for this role should have a tendency to view testing from a holistic / macro lens as well as a micro detail lens. Test plans must reflect both viewpoints.
• Develop and document test plans and test cases at the system level and at lower levels as required.
• Maintain an organized library of tests and know which ones to execute for various levels of testing and maintain these tests to be compliant with changing requirements and features as the product evolves.
• Detail-oriented and committed to high quality work
• BS in Computer Science or a related field; professional experience may substitute for formal education
• 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer
• Demonstrated knowledge of testing one or more of the following: UI, API interfaces, databases / data stores, analytics
• Experience in a Linux environment.
• Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, writing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting.
• Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues.
• Familiarity with Java, Python and testing frameworks (like Mocha, Cucumber, Protractor, etc.)
• Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes.
• Good understanding of version control (preferably Git).
• Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
• Ability to learn things fast.
• Experience with Agile development process.
• Adept at asking for help when needed (we are all learning)
• Experience working on large scale distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
• Experience writing and executing automated tests
• Experience with bug tracking / workflow management tools like Jira
• Experience with AWS and S3
• QA industry certifications
• Spoken Chinese (Mandarin) would be a strong plus but is not required
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your resume to Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
Apply for Manual Test Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search