It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
The Senior SQA Engineer supports the Information Technology team by analyzing and testing software, systems, and integrations to exceed our customers expectations. This person will play a key role in maintaining the quality of our clients web applications, ERP, and integrations, requiring knowledge of business operations. This role will also help set the framework and standard for testing strategies and solutions. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is typically independent, but this person must be able to work collaboratively when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluate functional, system, and performance requirements, write and execute test plans and scripts to perform manual and automated testing for ERP, web applications, integrations, and data validation.
• Collaborate with developers, stakeholders and other SQA team members to ensure comprehensive testing is performed, and resolve escalated issues during testing process.
• Lead testing teams to provide training and guidance to less experienced team members, assess testing and resource needs, maintain testing standards, document process, and recommend changes.
• Design and maintain test automation framework.
• Establish and maintain criteria and coverage for automation.
• Prepares complex data sets to test advanced logic, error handling and system workflows.
• Find bugs, edge cases, usability, and data issues and documents issues and resolution in tracking software.
• Communicates and escalates risks to deliverables and dates.
• Coordinates out-of-cycle deployment requests and maintains communication and approval process.
• Proactively monitors quality of applications and integrations in order to recognize and address issues quickly. Works with stakeholders and other IT team members to aid in replication of defects and bugs.
• Provide presentations on testing deliverables, milestones and report on quality discrepancies.
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and strategies.
• Advocate for and propose quality initiatives.
• Configure testing resources and tools to evaluate application functionality, integration, and performance.
• Help create and maintain a collaborative team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Promote the setting of quality objectives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates SQA efforts as assigned.
• Propose and maintain training plan for less experienced SQA team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, software development, or other IT field.
• Ten or more years experience in software testing.
• Three or more years experience in test automation.
• Thorough knowledge of software development cycle and quality assurance methodologies.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux OS, VMware, open-source tools, Azure or other cloud-based services.
• Advanced knowledge of Selenium and Python or similar tools.
• Experience with Postman or similar tools.
• Experience with Jenkins or similar tool.
• Experience with test case management tools.
• Proven work experience in software development in an agile environment.
• Advanced knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Experience in SQL.
Please send your resume to Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
Apply for Sr. QA Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search