It’s raining opportunity in Portland
The tech industry in Portland market is characterized by many small, highly nimble firms at the leading edge of innovation—and a booming job market. Come grow with us in Portland: check out our Portland IT jobs.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
The Network Engineer role is responsible for supporting our existing LAN / WAN infrastructure across all locations. This individual will be working with existing infrastructure teams to support the existing infrastructure while helping to design the cloud integration and security protocols to protect data. This role is a first line responder to any outage to the LAN / WAN environments across all the company. The Network Engineer will operate with the latest security protocols to protect our data across on premise and cloud environments.
• Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in network technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
• Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all network procurement and development efforts balancing quality of service and value to our business across all locations.
• Ensure the reliability and scalability of network services including capacity management, monitoring, responsiveness to issue and risk management to meet or exceed our business units service expectations.
• Provide automation frameworks to deploy and configure Palo Alto Firewalls and Cisco Switches.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote network devices and appliances across the organization’s network.
• Maintain software defined networks including but not limited to SDWan.
• Provide operational support for existing network infrastructure.
? BS Degree in Engineering / other related field preferred or equivalent experience as an IT Network Engineer
? Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar capacity
? Minimum of 5 years of experience with ACLs, Firewalls and Network Access Control Systems
? Minimum 3 years of hands-on network engineering experience
? Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls (5020, 200 & 220) a bonus
? Strong knowledge with applications, servers, network monitoring solutions, and PKI
? Working knowledge and experience with layer 2-7 protocols and technologies
? Strong knowledge and experience with IaaS, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud based services from a network security perspective
? Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop, and maintain positive working relationships with peers, vendors, other IT Teams and business users.
? Excellent problem solving skills, track record of driving for results and taking initiative.
? Well-organized, attentive to details to manage projects in area of expertise
? Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people as required
? Strong listening, written and oral communication skills including presentation skills
? Experience working in global public companies of similar size preferred.
? Palo Alto Networks PNSE certification (Preferred)
? Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification (Preferred)
? Occasional travel will be required
? Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaker desirable
Please send your resume to Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainz Brady Group provides technology staffing solutions to the best known companies in Software Development, Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, R&D, Services, Biotechnology, Healthcare and Telecommunications.
We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales and Marketing Staffing on a Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire basis.
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit us at www.mbg.com/
Apply for Network Administrator
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search