Scope and Responsibilities
Located in SW part of Portland, out client is seeking a Configuration Engineer who will be responsible for using manual drawing tools or computer-aided design programs to create, design and develop computer systems and products in support of financial/accounting business unit(s). This role is expected to Improve hardware/software provisioning speed by creating installation checklists and writing scripts to automate device testing and configuration. The chosen candidate will interface a great deal with internal IT teams and external IT vendors as necessary. If you can effectively triage production issues as they occur, and route issues to appropriate resolver team as needed, this is for you!
Software Development background and DevOps know-how are valued skillsets and will facilitate collaboration with Integration Engineers and product owners to engage timely deliverables. A bit more below:
- Demonstrated accounting or financial experience
- Interest in learning and collaborating with a diverse technical team
- Experience or ability to learn and support financial technology. (ERP & accounting systems)
- Demonstrated accounting or financial experience with experience in (or ability to learn and support) financial technology
- Public cloud infrastructure experience (AWS preferred): AWS EC2, S3, SQS, Dynamo DB, and SNS.
- Prior finance and/or retail experience with high-volume transactional systems combining contemporary microservice architecture with ERP systems.
- Previous accounting large ERP accounting systems a plus.
- Proven ability to create partnerships and work closely with finance, business, and technical team-members to understand key business and accounting workflows.
- Prior knowledge/experience in creating integration context diagrams and or other process descriptions.
- Knowledge of how to define and perform technical tests with the goal of diagnosing issues and providing root cause.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis.
Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.