Data / Backend Software Engineer
Our Client is seeking a Data / Backend Software Engineer for an extendable 6-month contract position. This is a hybrid position. It is remote for now, but will be partially onsite in Sunnyvale CA post-COVID.
Software Engineer with strong backend experience to work on our Machine Learning platform and manage the various components of the ML application development lifecycle starting from data digestion, annotation, exploration to model training, deployment and monitoring. All of these components are interdisciplinary, so you will be working closely with roboticists and ML researchers in both defining interfaces and optimizing implementations to meet the final product specifications.
A well-qualified candidate will love prototyping and have the ability to turn that prototype into a high quality production feature. Implementing complex distributed systems will excite you and you’ll have an appetite for harnessing cloud-based ML frameworks and new database technologies.
- Design, Implement and optimize data model, queries, and ETLs for complicated text, image, and sensor data.
- Connect our ecosystem by building integrations across multiple existing and new tools.
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization.
- Design service level interfaces for our ML and Data Platform.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- 2-3+ years professional backend software development experience.
- Solid understanding in data-warehouse, database systems and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Adept query optimization in NoSQL and SQL databases such as Postgres, Mongo, Athena, and InfluxDB.
- Experience with AWS (Athena, Glue, EC2, etc.) and Docker.
- Adept with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, shell scripting, etc.
- Familiarity of Web Server technologies including NGINX, Apache and J2EE.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial problem solver, and excellent communicator.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, or other quantitative field.
- Experience developing within the Jupyter ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience with the production ML platform.
- Experience with Kubeflow.
- Familiarity with ML Frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.