Our client is looking for a Data Engineer to join their team for a remote Contract to Hire role. The AWS big data software engineer is responsible for building and contributing to our next generation data platform. This individual will be working on a development team focused on the ingestion, normalization and enrichment of marketing data as it flows into a data lake.
- Migrate and ingest data from many data sources including legacy platforms.
- Develop and implement data flows and pipelines into various consumers and 3rd party tools.
- Implement data normalization and transformation algorithms ensuring data consistency and searchability
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks on AWS infrastructure
- 2+ years’ work experience showing proficiency in Python.
- 2+ years’ work experience in AWS big data technologies (Glue, Lambda, EMR, DMS)
- 3+ years’ work experience in building/maintaining data lake using AWS Data Services
- 3+ years’ work experience writing data processing jobs using Python, PySpark
- 2+ years’ work experience with Snowflake
- 2+ years’ experience with NoSQL database implementations (DynamoDB)
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Agile development environment
- 2+ years’ experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.