Our Client is seeking a Data Engineer for a fully remote, extendable 7-month contract position.
- On-going maintenance of Linux server environments.
- Ensure stability and optimal performance.
- Maintain, develop, and troubleshoot programmatic/automated workflows via Airflow.
- Develop a comprehensive inventory of data pipelines.
- Ensure optimal schema design, data consistency, and driving of proper data governance.
- Refactor and migrate complex, messy pipelines across data ecosystems.
- Implement comprehensive integrity tests and alerting.
- Solve complex, ambiguous issues throughout the data lifecycle.
- Identify and implement effective solutions.
- Expertise in data warehousing principles, schema design, data governance, data quality, data integrity and data pipeline automation.
- 3+ years of shell scripting and the Linux/Unix command lines.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on experience with Python.
- 3+ years of SQL.
- 3+ years of enterprise data warehouses (e.g. Hive, Snowflake).
- Expertise in data warehousing principles, schema design, data governance, and data pipeline automation.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good code management practices and experience.
- Comfort with Git.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.