Data Engineer II
The Digital Dash team manages, stores, automates, and visualizes data about squads in a series of dashboards and reports to provide a clear picture into the purpose, size, productivity, and health of our squads. Our primary deliverable is a website that provides automated, self-service, interactive squad dashboards so that leaders and teams can get the information they need at any time.
As a DATA ENGINEER, DIGITAL DASH (SWII), you will manage our database and data pipelines. You will monitor daily jobs, create scheduled tasks, and ensure data is flowing smoothly from all of our sources. If any data issues should arise, you will perform root-cause analysis on the defect and propose fixes and solutions. You will participate in daily team meetings, effectively communicate your work, and share your findings to the rest of the team.
- Manage existing data pipelines with emphasis on AWS cloud-based data processing technology.
- Monitor scheduled jobs and ensure all data flows are consistent and up-to-date.
- Troubleshoot any data issues, perform root cause, and propose options for fixing.
- Rigorously test any code changes and present test findings to the team.
- Actively document major changes or updates to data pipelines.
- Effectively communicate daily work to the rest of the team at morning meeting.
- Self-starter who can tackle new work, given minimal requirements and high ambiguity.
- Desire to deep-dive into a new code base and learn data pipelines with limited outside guidance.
- Team player with willingness to work side-by-side with business-oriented teammates or pair-program with other engineers.
- Ability to quickly shift tasks based on high-priority requests.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- 2+ years of experience with AWS services including EC2, ECS, S3, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment using Jira
- Experience using GitHub and Git
- Familiarity with other data services, including Kafka, Neptune
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.