IT User Researcher
User Researcher, [9 Mo. Contract] 100% Remote
• Experience conducting research across the product lifecycle
• Experience with both formative and evaluative research
• Experience with quantitative research
• Past experience working on platform teams
• Past experience working on information architecture
• Past experience enabling cross-functional partners to conduct evaluative research
• Strong systems thinker
• Connecting work to adjacent product teams as this team has a lot of dependencies and close relationships with other teams
• Ability to prioritize and drive research in an ill-defined problem space across multiple streams of work
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Able to challenge and push the team on their thinking and changing their perspective
• A researcher who can produce persuasive narratives and quality work in a fast-moving environment
• Demonstrated that they are able to complete research quickly/at a fast pace
Provide a tailored first class user experience that makes core use cases, across surfaces, delightful and easy to use for our customers while increasing developer efficiency and reducing overall product development time-to-market.
Core Experience is a unique team in that it’s ensuring that desktop and web platforms and surfaces evolve to meet growing business needs without compromising the user experience. We have the responsibility to ensure that core flows are easy to use, consistent, and optimized for solving key customer needs.
Example research questions and research projects:
• Understanding what makes for a seamless cross-surface experience
• Evaluating core experiences and identifying friction
• Uncovering new opportunities to meet customers on whichever surface they choose
• Identifying ways to create delightful multi-surface experiences
Research Role Specifics/Role Responsibilities:
• Conduct high velocity and high impact strategic research across SSB, in particular with the Surfaces Team
• Identify and execute research that impacts product team immediate roadmaps and longer term strategies
• Collaborate closely with researchers, PMs, Design, product analytics, and marketing to understand user needs and uncover product opportunities
• Implement multi-method research studies that incorporate both quality and quantity data
• Socialize research within SSB Files and across the company in innovative and engaging ways
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.