Lead Systems Administrator
Our Client is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator for a Contract-to-Hire position (6-month contract, then conversion to FTE) in Novato, CA. This is an onsite position.
As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the installation, administration, and maintenance of the client’s 7x24x365 enterprise-wide systems, providing network, server, hardware infrastructure, security, and end- user support. You will also mentor the Tier 1 & 2 staff as required. You will manage and optimize computer, software, and network systems to ensure high levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the supported business applications. Along with diagnosing and resolving problems quickly with patience while communicating with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Maintain Windows / Linux servers, network, and virtualization. Infrastructure.
- Support the client's LAN/WAN user community and install application software at both the network and workstation level.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document LAN/WAN related network issues.
- Perform regular maintenance on virtual and physical servers, network components, and server-based software.
- Maintain network hardware including routers, switches and firewalls as assigned by the IT Manager.
- Perform administration and maintenance of the client’s virtualized infrastructure.
- Respond to trouble calls from the client's Help Desk.
- Develop, update, and execute disaster recovery plan.
- Manage and monitor enterprise backup operations, assuring accurate data replication to DR site, thus ensuring ability to restore servers, applications, and data.
- Assist the ISO’s office with researching, recommending, and implementing security solutions.
- Administer the client’s virtual environment comprised of LANs, SANs, SAN Switches, replication
technologies, physical and virtual servers.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve server and application installation and integration issues.
- Participate in and support capacity planning efforts aligned with the client’s business goals.
- Expert level knowledge in Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange/Office 365.
- Working knowledge and experience with Virtualization technologies: Hyper-V, VMware/vSphere (knowledge of Proxmox and Ceph a plus).
- Working knowledge and experience managing Windows 2016/2019 environments in a Systems Administrator role.
- Working knowledge and experience with SD-WAN technology. Palo Alto Networks (PAN) Prisma preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in network infrastructure technology: (Cisco routers, switches and firewalls).
- Working knowledge and experience with scripting languages (PowerShell preferred).
- Working knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio Diagramming Tool.
- Skills in troubleshooting and responding to security incidents.
- Ability to mentor/coach team members and junior system administrators.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on-call shifts.
- In a timely, efficient manner; follows up on customer complaints, questions, and requests.
- Project Management: organizes and schedules existing and projected work to ensure targeted deadlines are met.
- Limited travel required, must have valid driver’s license.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.