Manufacturing Engineer/Project Manager
Our Client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Project Manager for an extendable, 6-month contract position. This is a remote position, but candidates will need to be local to the San Jose/South Bay Area for occasional office and vendor visits.
- Develop and maintain project plans for electro-mechanical engineers to support multiple projects/programs in parallel.
- Focus on Lifecycle build-out of PC Boards, Electronics, and Manufacturing Processes.
- Procure prototype components, kit, and manage local CMs for NPI/D builds.
- BOM management, component kitting for NPI/D, ECOs, Material Reqs, Purchase Reqs, etc.
- Support the complete electronics development cycle from schematic development through layout, manufacturing, bring-up and testing.
- Work on device/electronics side of business, and work closely with the supply chain organization and vendors or parts houses to secure parts/components to fulfill project commitments.
- Set priorities for technical development based on a strategic assessment of risks versus rewards for Business Continuity.
- Develop, implement, and track standard processes to ensure design quality for the lab’s hardware, components, software, and subsystems.
- Use tools such as Arena PLM (to manage parts, lists, BOM’s), Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Office to communicate development status and assure company hardware quality meets requirements.
- Define and communicate dependencies between hardware, embedded software, and suppliers with a focus on minimizing dependencies.
- Assist with managing the department budget for all projects.
- Work with resource managers and technical leads to define the level of effort, resource requirements, and development lead-time for future program timing plans.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to track and manage Piece Cost, and Tooling Investment.
- Develop and maintain company’s component, sub-assembly, manufacturing, and testing timelines.
- Align company’s deliverables & timelines with program deliverables and timelines.
- Create and manage clear and concise Open Issues lists with due dates and deliverables, to lead the team in effective risk management techniques and to ensure timing commitments are met from a business continuity perspective.
- Represent the team project level status meetings and facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
- Communicate project status at cross-functional project related meetings, and with other program managers, PM’s, and executives as required.
- Track milestones, goals, issues, and progress towards each, removing roadblocks as they arise.
- 5-7+ years of experience in electronics and/or electrical integration and software development – software (embedded)/hardware products from initiation to production is preferred).
- 2+ years of experience in program management (PMP is preferred, but N/R) including cost/quality/timing/risk analysis disciplines.
- Should be able to look at a PCB and understand components, dimensions, specs, etc…
- NO hands-on engineering such as schematic capture, layouts, etc…
- A consistent record of engineering design, project management, and cost reduction.
- EVT/DVT/PVT development cycles experience helpful.
- Stage Gate process and deliverables (concept to production) experience helpful.
- Embedded system cross-functional experience preferred.
- Arena PLM is highly preferred – will use regularly.
- A creative problem-solving mindset combined with business acumen to aid teams in obtaining ideas, as well as leading development and execution.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to foster great relationships in a diverse and multi-cultural workplace.
- Ability to learn very quickly with an aptitude for technical subjects.
- Ability to move easily between strategic and practical perspectives, and to discern between higher and lower priorities.
- BSEE, BSCS (maybe), or technical disciple and combined experience.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.