Mechanical Design Engineer
Our Client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for a Contract-to-Hire, or Direct Hire/FTE position in Fremont, CA.
Exceptional (Systems) Design Engineer to develop fuel cell Balance-of-Plant (BOP). Must be passionate about clean energy and excited to lead technology innovation, and about novel technology. Comfortable with CAD design and fabricating prototypes with own hands. Must thrive in the fast-paced dynamic environment of a game-changing startup. Join the team to revolutionize the transportation industry.
- Mechanical cad design on SolidWorks of Balance-of-Plant components for Power Module: Fuel and air handling, mechanical structures, enclosure, etc.
- Primary interface with BOP suppliers for air blower, fuel compressor, liquid fuel delivery, valves, etc.
- Some overseeing of builds, and parts design validation.
- May assist in testing prototypes for R&D and product demos.
- Document designs, specifications and processes to enable commercial manufacturing.
- Follow best in class engineering practices: DFMEA, 5D analysis, FEA, CFD, design reviews etc.
- Exceptional engineering design skills with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experienced in SolidWorks, GD&T and PLM.
- Know way around prototype shop environment and equipment, machining, TIG, sheet metal fabrication etc.
- Fuel cell, power generation, or automotive background preferred.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Passion for teamwork and learning.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.