- Development of use cases, rules, log source, system maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide mentorship and training to other technical staff members.
- Configuring custom log sources for business applications, and management.
- Engineering and administration of SIEM ticketing, and workflow.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on SIEM functional requirements: logging, event collection, normalization, correlation, storage, system access, reporting, and customization.
- Coordinate change management processes for testing and validating systems to production.
- Ability to review log sources, alerts, and integrations for auditing.
- On-Call for major incidents and outages.
- 4+ years of related work experience; 2+ years of technical architecture experience with IBM QRadar SIEM solution deployment, configuration, and administration.
- Experienced with multiple security concepts and methods: vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures, and governance.
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, Linux), and security technologies (endpoint security, DLP, firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Understanding and experience working with application programming/scripting languages (Python, Java, Perl, Shell), as well as Regular Expressions.
- Understanding of various security frameworks and/or methodologies (e.g. MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, etc)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Possess high standard of integrity and confidentiality
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.
***Please be aware of a widespread scam affecting job seekers. Click here for details