Sr. Automotive Design Modeler
Our Client is seeking a Senior Automotive Design Modeler for a Contract-to-Hire position in Irvine, CA.
Developer, maintain and validate Class ‘A’ Surface (CAS) data within the Digital Surfacing and Visualization Department.
- Develop, create, maintain and validate high quality components, assembly & total vehicle surface data required for completing program(s) on time & to the associated process & standards.
- Ensure relative aesthetic adjustments are incorporated under the direction of the CAS leadership, while working with the Studio designers as required.
- Ensure relative criteria issues are resolved in a timely manner & updated within the issue management system.
- Assist department leadership with Digital Surface design reviews & support total vehicle design reviews if needed.
- Support the Design Studio with concept projects & general studies, under the guidance of the CAS department leadership.
- Support the Engineering department with relative studies & criteria establishment involving surface data, under the guidance of the CAS department leadership.
- Create additional CAD data, including solid models, to support various build activities when required.
- Minimum of 8 years in CAS development and modeling, with 6 years in automotive environments.
- Expert-level experience with Autodesk Alias and Autodesk VRED
- Experience with Keyshot, Maya, Rhino, Grasshopper (Parametric Design), and/or Blender preferred.
- Basic PC skills (Email, Excel, Word, etc.) PDM experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of concept to launch program execution, with emphasis on sketch to clay to scan to surface to solid model design, development & execution, CAS Modeling best practices & DQ&V.
- Knowledge of automotive vehicle systems with an emphasis on automotive exteriors & interiors.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, Best Practices, Exterior/Interior Development Processes, Global Safety Requirements, Regulations & Zones (including FMVSS & ECE/ECC), Packaging, Dimensional Engineering, Continuous Improvement & Aesthetic Design (Studio).
- Solid Modeling, Rendering & Animation capabilities preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Design preferred but not required with equivalent extensive experience.
Additional Required Skills:
- Must be able to create & validate high quality Class ‘A’ Surface data, while incorporating criteria & process standards.
- Must be able to maintain component & assembly CAS data in the relative PDM system.
- Must be able to evaluate all associated tasks & apply accurate completion timing.
- Must display the ability to identify problems, elevate concerns, recommend solutions & resolve issues.
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility & accountability for assignment execution & quality of work.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently & effectively with internal & external departments & work equally well within a team or individually as required.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.