Sr. Engineer – Architecture & Packaging
Our Client is seeking a Senior Automotive Studio Engineer for a Contract-to-Hire position in Irvine, CA.
Lead the studio engineering activities supporting the design and modeling team with technical information, and act as liaison between cross-functional development teams for the entire model range.
- Congregates and validates all geometrical requirements
- Develops together with the architecture team the geometrical total vehicle concepts for the entire model range.
- Configure basic occupant, cargo, powertrain and chassis envelopes, together with body construction, closure and apertures proposals
- Support the development of scale and full size models.
- Develop vehicle package concepts utilizing appropriate CAD systems
- Recognizes and solves with the relevant partners incoherent geometrical requirements
- Turn over geometrical decisions in the architecture team into concept surfaces for engineering and design.
- Perform benchmarking of competitive vehicles.
- Interface with surfacing, engineering and suppliers.
- Comply with regulatory and feasibility requirements.
- Supervising all studio engineer staff.
- Create Innovative mechanisms to facilitate unique product features.
- Develop and maintain the geometrical reference for the entire model range.
- Support CAD/Clay modeling teams.
- Attend Design and Engineering Meetings.
- Prepare Presentations for upper management.
- Collaboration with design, engineering, marketing.
- Issue Resolution and negotiation for successful solution.
- Interact directly with suppliers.
- Develops hardware properties and oversees building process of seating bucks, clay models and design prototype.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in automotive design studio engineering departments for exterior and interior design.
- Expert-level experience with Catia V5.
- Experience with Adobe Suite and MS Office Suite.
- Studio engineering process experience.
- Design for manufacturability knowledge.
- Regulatory Knowledge as it relates to Interior and Exterior Production Design.
- Understanding of 3D as it relates to Clay and CAD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive Engineering or related field preferred (equivalent in extensive experience considered).
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.