Our Client is seeking a Thermal Engineer for a Contract-to-Hire (6 months contract, then conversion to FTE) position in Fremont, CA.
Thermal Engineer to lead catalytic heater development. Passionate about clean energy and excited to lead technology innovation. Comfortable with literature research and analysis and fabricating prototypes with own hands. Thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment of a game-changing startup.
Join team to revolutionize the transportation industry.
- Develop catalytic reactors, combustor, heat exchanger
- Knowledge of combustion, emission catalysts, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics.
- Investigate, model and provide critical insight into complex physical phenomena.
- Interface with CARB, develop strategy and execute and permitting functions in relation to Air Quality Regulations and Compliance.
- Design experiments, analyze test data, perform post-test inspection.
- Source test equipment to evaluate performance and degradation mechanisms.
- Understanding of automation, instrumentation, and control theory.
- 5+ years of industry experience with demonstrated success developing combustors or catalytic reactors.
- SolidWorks CAD and CFD expertise.
- Hands-on experience in engineering testing or lab experiments.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Team player, with a “can-do” attitude. Highly resourceful, and a “big picture” thinker.
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement.
- Masters or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering.
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.